With time and money being in short supply, I rely on my fast and favorite “eat at home” meals. One of my favorites I call Shepherd’s Pie. While I am working on getting more vegetables in this meal, I can sneak in a can of mixed vegetables and my Mr. Picky does not complain.
- one pound cooked and drained ground beef (I microwave the log of meat and chop it with my stand mixer).
- One can mixed vegetables, drained well
- one cube beef bullion, mixed with a little water and microwaved for one minute until diluted
- cooked potatoes, usually one per person
- additions to the potatoes when mashing: cheese (any kind), milk or cream, seasonings, butter, etc. to please your family. I add an egg to give it more “poof”
Follow steps 1 to 3. In a separate bowl, complete 4 and 5. Layer potato mixture on tip of meat/vegetable mixture and bake until golden brown.
I would add another vegetable to round this out, and maybe a nice baked apple. What’s your go to cheap and easy meal idea? Please share!
Happy Holidays to everyone!